Send Us Your 2017 Latornell Leadership Award Nominations!
November 21-23, 2017 at the Nottawasaga Inn Resort & Convention Centre, Alliston, ON
Leadership Award Nominations DUE June 23rd
The Latornell Leadership Award recognizes exemplary and leading edge career or voluntary achievements in the conservation field either in a sustained record over an extended period of time, or through individual outstanding examples.
The Latornell Leadership Award reflects important characteristics of its namesake, Ontario Conservationist, Art Latornell which include:
- instilling the value of conservation into the hearts and minds of young people to ensure a legacy of conservation in our communities; and,
- ensuring that professionals and volunteers alike, who are involved in conserving natural resources, receive the recognition they deserve for their accomplishments.
Who is Eligible to be Nominated?
Any Ontario resident who has demonstrated leadership accomplishments in the conservation field is eligible for this award. Such contributions could be through work, career, or volunteer experiences.
Examples of Activities
Contributions can include but are not limited to:
- Conservation legislation/policy development/reform
- Conservation innovation i.e. best management practices in forestry, agriculture, water technology/techniques/management
- Habitat enhancement - restoration/rehabilitation projects
- Conservation research/fieldwork/studies
- Concepts in Sustainability
- Environmental education/communications
- Natural resource management/planning
- Community organization
If you know an individual deserving of this award, please click here to learn more about nominating someone and to access the nomination form. Nominations will be accepted until June 23rd, 2017.
Be an Exhibitor and/or Partner at Latornell
You can still sign up to be an exhibitor and/or a partner at the Latornell Conservation Symposium. Be sure to visit the Exhibitor Information and Partnership & Levels pages for more information on how you can be part of the Symposium.
Reasons to be an Latornell Exhibitor and/or Partner
- Increase your brand's visibility and help promote your product or service
- Reach who matters to you - network, build relationships, share information
- Promote your product or service and place your organization at the forefront of the participant's attention
- Display your company's commitment to a sustainable future
- Be positioned as an industry leader
NEW: The Watering Hole Blog Post!
Latornell Mentorship and ELB Field N' Meal Day
Bill Trenouth, Water Resources Specialist at Credit Valley Conservation and Latornell Steering Committee Member
Are you a budding young professional and still waiting to meet that person who will inspire you, ignite a spark in you, or help you open that crucial first door for yourself as you embark upon a long and fruitful career path?
Maybe you have been in the field for a while. Think back; did somebody teach you something, take a chance on you, or share with you something invaluable: their time? Perhaps they shared their experience. Imagine being given the opportunity to do that for a newcomer to your profession. Would you seize such an opportunity if it presented itself? As someone who has benefited personally from the rich legacy of Art Latornell, I know that he would have, and now I would like to do the same. READ MORE
Request for Blog Contributions
Have you checked out the Latornell blog, The Watering Hole? Instead of just reading, why not be a contributor! The Watering Hole is always looking for fresh ideas and new talent who have something to share related to this year's theme. Have a great idea? Send an email to Katie Jane at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don't forget to follow our Twitter feed @ADLatornell and add the hashtags #latornell and #latornell2017 to your tweets to stay connected to important online conversations about Latornell. Click on the icons below to visit our online communities…and Let's Chat!
For more information:
Karen Anderson and Mario Maillet, Symposium Coordinators
Latornell Conservation Symposium
1-888-274-1364 ext. 4
c/o Conservation Ontario
120 Bayview Parkway